HarmonyWorkbook is intended to help music-students to learn and practice four-parts harmony according to classical treatises.
- multiple-page file
- unlimited undo-redo
- option to self define the way Roman and Arabic numerals are displayed, specific symbols included
- errors showed inline (complete detection on demand)
- concise and essential help
- numerals automatically determined
- modulations automatically determined
- file extension .HWork (supported .HPMusic)
- PDF printing
MacOS (Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Apple Silicon), Microsoft Windows 10
Who should use HarmonyWorkbook?
HW addresses all music students who attend traditional courses. HW is useful for anyone who wants to know more about music.
Technical information about the error-detection procedure
The process consists of five main moments:
- Relevant data collecting (automatically in background). Any user-made indication/attribute is taken into account. With complex writing, better results can be obtained by detection on demand. The area of the score preceding the active one should carry the most descriptive properties (modulations, numerals, key changes…).
- Mapping. Each measure is divided into several units representing chord functions (specifically the program has to know where each chord function starts and ends). On this purpose, several elements are taken into account, such as rhythm, chord position changes, non-harmonic notes, user-assigned numerals, user-assigned modulations, key changes etc. This moment may be particularly affected by user-made indications. So, after error-detecting your exercise, should you note that some measure needed to be mapped with more accuracy, insert any indication (numerals, modulation etc..), and repeat the procedure.
- Chord analysis. Numerals and modulations will be determined automatically.
- Error detection
- End of the process results are displayed